HOW TO MAINTAIN NATURAL LIMESTONE FLOOR TILES
Newly installed surfaces
Before grouting: thinly apply Lithofin MN Stain-Stop to the dry surface and edges and allow to dry for approx. 12 hours. This pre-treatment will render the surface water repellent and facilitate removing excess grouting material.
Cleaning and refurbishing used or extremely dirty surfaces
Before treating used surfaces, the stone must be thoroughly cleaned. All deposits and care product residues must be removed from the surface and from the pores.
Dilute Lithofin MN Power-Clean 1:3 with water (or Lithofin WEXA 1:10), generously apply with a scrubbing brush or a cloth and allow the solution to work for 5 to 10 minutes.
– Scrub well with either a scrubbing brush or machine and wait 5 more minutes.
– Add water while brushing, and then completely remove solution by wiping or vacuuming.
– Rinse well with clear water until all product residues are gone from the surface then towel dry.
– Allow the surface to dry for several days before applying the protective treatment.
Additional information about protective treatments:
– Treating the surface with Lithofin MN Stain-Stop protects natural stone.
– Lithofin impregnators achieve the best possible protection without altering the surface appearance. Formation of stains is largely prevented, the surfaces become easier to clean.
– The surface becomes much easier to maintain and remains beautiful for many years.
– There are no health concerns once the product has dried.
– We recommend repeating the treatment after 4 to 5 years.
– Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
– Test the product in an inconspicuous area prior to use. Wet or non-absorbent surfaces cannot be treated.
– Impregnators can only be used on completely dry surfaces, otherwise the product will not penetrate.
– Carefully and completely remove product residues before drying. Residues cannot be removed once dry.
– Some types of stone may become darker after treatment.
– Impregnators do not protect against acid.
Other types of protective treatments
– Sealants are layer forming treatments that produce a shiny protective film on the surface. This film must be renewed from time to time.
– Sealants are only recommended for indoor use; they alter the surface’s slip resistant properties.
– Lithofin MULTISEAL forms an elegant sheen that intensifies the colours slightly. The treatment must be touched up every once in a while.
Please follow the detailed instructions on the label. Limestone will be damaged by acidic substances such as vinegar, lemon, ketchup, wine, some cleaners, etc. TIP: Avoid leaching and strong degreasing products as well as products that build up layers. These products alter the appearance and make maintenance more difficult.
If you require advice or are in any way unsure about these instructions, visit the Lithofin website or please call their Technical Support Line at (01962) 732126.