IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ORDER
We use a fast and reliable 3-5 day service by national carrier. Kerbside delivery only, by tail lift lorry. The driver uses a hand-operated pallet truck and will endeavour to get your order as close as is safely possible to your property. Should you require a specialist dedicated delivery, vehicle such as a Hiab, please contact us for a price.
You can opt for a timed delivery, next day or a Saturday morning delivery at extra cost. Once you have placed your order the goods are normally be dispatched within three working days.
When your order has been prepared the hauliers will contact you to book your delivery in.
If you think there may be access or other problems with your delivery, please call us on 01425 654011.
- We will make every effort to ensure your stone is delivered in good condition and it will certainly leave our warehouse carefully packed and inspected.
- Please be aware that the delivery of stone is invariably very heavy, most crates weigh 1000 kgs each. Therefore we deliver using a nationwide pallet system. These lorries unload using a tail lift system. We are also able to make deliveries with a crane lorry but this costs more. You must advise us which system you wish to use to receive your goods at the time of order.
- Because of the nature of heavy goods vehicle we need to know in advance if you have any access restrictions locally and at your place of delivery, i.e. low bridges, height restrictions narrow lanes, slopes, soft ground, weight restrictions, width restrictions. We can normally plan our way around these problems but you need to inform us at the time of order. Otherwise extra delivery costs will be incurred, which we would have to pass on to you.
- Is a booking in time or booking reference number required? If so you need to provide this at time of booking together with contact number, name and date (Please note a surcharge will apply for this service)
- Your delivery will be targeted to arrive on an agreed date. If you have any problems with this date or the delivery arrives out of the agreed timescale please CONTACT US FIRST ON 01425 654011 so we can resolve any problems with the hauliers and reschedule the delivery.
- The smallest vehicle used within our network with a tail-lift is a 7.5 tonne truck.
- Any specific delivery instructions must be advised at time of booking – Please note NO goods may be left without a signature. You or your representative need to inspect and sign for your delivery.
- Drivers are not permitted to take risks with delivery vehicles – they have to make a kerbside delivery or return the goods. If goods have to be redelivered, you will incur an extra delivery charge.
- Drivers are not permitted to make deliveries inside your premises for insurance purposes.
- Part deliveries are not permitted the driver is only permitted to leave full deliveries.
- Pallets may not be delivered with a pallet truck over uneven ground or gravel due to health and safety regulations.
- Drivers are not permitted to take away packaging or pallets after delivery has been made.
- Upon delivery, the driver will ask you to sign for the delivery. You must inspect the goods carefully before doing this to make sure they are in good condition. You don’t need to check every piece, but take the wrap off and give the stone a good inspection. If you suspect any breakages to stone or pallet, mark clearly on the haulier’s proof of delivery document “DAMAGED”. If goods cannot be checked prior to signing, please mark “POSSIBLE DAMAGE”. Get the driver to countersign and print his name against your note. Any claim for damages/breakages must be noted to us within 24 hours.
- If a smaller lorry is required (7.5 tonne) due to access issues, the pallet weight restriction is 500 kg as the tail-lift mechanism of this vehicle can’t take any more weight. This will incur an extra charge as we will have to split pallets down to 500 kg. However, please note, that some of our products are sold in full packs only and unfortunately, we are unable to split these to deliver on the 7.5 tonne vehicle.
If you sign for the goods as “received in good condition” we cannot accept any subsequent claims. Give the stone a good once over and mark “damaged” if necessary.
FAILURE TO DO ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL INVALIDATE ANY CLAIM.
You can decide to return your order for any reason at any time within 14 working days after the day you receive it. If you decide to return the purchase(s) to us for any reason, you will have to meet the carriage costs that you incur in doing so yourself and pay a restocking charge of 10% of the original invoice value (excluding VAT). The restocking charge is not applicable if you have purchased the stone as a distance buyer (online, over the phone or off premises) or without receiving a sample in accordance with the “Consumer Contracts Regulations”. When sending a return we recommend that you contact us beforehand to discuss the most suitable form of carrier. Your statutory rights are not affected. If you do not reject them within this time, or if you have installed them, you will be deemed to have accepted them and we will have no liability to you.
What happens if I don't like the items?
No problem. Please contact us on 01425 654011 or ku.oc1560661393.enot1560661393sd@ec1560661393iffo1560661393, within 14 working days of the day you receive the Goods. Just send the item back to us, unused and undamaged. We will refund you within 14 days of the Goods having been returned.
Where should I send my returns?
If you are returning Goods for refund or exchange please send them to: DT Stone, Rockbourne Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1RA
Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to the Seller in accordance with these Conditions, the Seller shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at the Seller's sole discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), but the Seller shall have no further liability to the Buyer.